Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Bicontinential Birthday



disclaimer: I do not like the 3rd "stanza" and this poem is written in Sara's form of free verse...so please don't hate on my humble attempt at writing a poem for this amazing guy!



The Bicontinential Birthday

Today is the day that Ryan Price was born!
23 years ago his mother’s womb was torn (hope that’s not too graphic)
It’s not a birthday like all the rest,
With party hats and cake and a whole lot of mess.
But do not be sad or tell the sky to be gray,
Today Ryan gets to experience the bicontinential birthday!

Two continents of people celebrating your blessed day,
A birthday that does not last only 24 hours, but 31…because of time change!

There’s many that celebrate in America:
Your Mom who gave birth and life to you,
Your Dad who taught you manly things,
This girl, Sara, whose heart you make goo,
And a family of believers, all that sing…

“We miss your pretty piano playing,
We miss your curly hair,
We miss all the dates you were paying (for)
We miss how well you can sit in a chair”

Ryan, on this day we celebrate you,
Knowing that all your new African friends are celebrating too!
I am so jealous that you have two continents of people rejoicing on your special day,
But My only hope is that by this you will know that you are “one krunk guy”…in the words of LeCrae!



...



Hope you enjoyed that little ode to Ryan's birthday. I am not a poet...I just like being silly. Anyways, Ryan's birthday is actually October 24th, but to encompass both time zones...I had to post it now!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN!! You're quite a stud!!

5 comments:

D.O. said...

I too miss the dates for which Ryan paid.

Ryan Price said...

I LOVE THE POEM! So far... your birthday presents are definitely ranking at the top!!!!

I miss you a lot. And I'm so grateful to have the most thoughtful girlfriend ever!

D.O.... don't flatter yourself my friend. Only in your dreams!

sdfs said...

hahaha, loved it!

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Sara...I think you have an alternate career...very good.

Happy Birthday Ryan!!

jaye carol said...

Sara,
I just have to say I Love You!!!! That was a perfect poem to end a not so perfect day.....I miss him so much!!!!!
jaye