Monday, March 19, 2007

My Spring Break Highlights!

So here are my amazing spring break highlights in a somewhat sequential order...

1. Watching the Lord paint a beautiful sunset over Lake Travis in Austin with 3 great friends.

2. Getting peer pressured by my typically low maintenance sister to get my eyebrows waxed with her for the first time.

3. Watching a dear family friend, who I like to call my cousin, marry his beautiful bride.

4. Having amazing car conversations on the road to and from Vidor, Texas

5. Experiencing Vidor, Texas in the daylight (I had only been there at night before!)

6. Taking a swim at night in the cold gulf in Florida...which was as I liked to say, "strangely exhilarating"

7. Sitting outside on a BEAUTIFUL white sand beach with a good book and great company

8. Getting really sunburned, but not really tan at all...

9. Riding the waves on a boogie board...i just love to boogie down!

10. Drinking crisp limeade on the porch overlooking the DEEP blue ocean and listening to the crashing waves.

11. Walking up and down the beach trying to avoid "jellies" (which for those of you who do not think like me that is what I call jelly fish...ryan is so cute he was like, "I have never heard them called "jellies" before, rather than saying, "you are a freak...no one calls them jellies!)

12. Getting 2 holes in one on a really fun put-put golf course

13. Stopping in New Orleans on none other than St. Patrick's Day...enough said on that one!

14. Stopping at Mulats (a restaurant in Louisiana) and getting a TRUE Cajun experience right down from the pecan pie to dancing (sorta) to the Zydeco music!

15. Back in Vidor...eating a bowl of raisin bran looking out into the beautiful vidorian woods and listening to Ryan play the piano...it was pretty much perfect!

15. Peering through binoculars to watch Eagles...no not the band, our national bird, with a bunch of vidor locals.

16. Witnessing a bunch of people be obedient to the Lord and get baptized!

Yep that is only 16 of the amazing things the Lord allowed me to experience this spring break. Oh Praise Him!

(p.s. unfortunately i do not have my cord to transfer pictures from my camera to my computer, so i cannot post any pictures, but you can always give Ryan's facebook a gander if you want to see the visual representation of much of my spring break!)

4 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful spring break. I missed you and can't wait until Wednesday.
Last night was amazing. We took the kids to CiCi's last night to celebrate baptisms and their moms, can't wait to share.
God is good!!!
I have been to Vidor once...

Whitney said...

i wish i had gotten to see you!

Unknown said...

gurl, why didnt I know you had a blog????? Now I have another way to stalk you! I love you!

Ryan Price said...

I'm still workin on her Halei... she'll be hatin black folk soon enough...