Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Move Number 3...CHECK!

Yep, that's right, I just finished moved number 3. I have moved 3 times in the last year and a half. For those of you that hate to do math, that is once every six months. It is insane...but it just has to happen. For the first 18 years of my life I never moved. My parents bought the house I grew up in and moved in when I was 6 weeks old. I never had to pack a box or load all of my belongings in a car...

Then I moved to college. I was pretty stable for the first 4 years. I only moved twice. After college my life has been less predictable...thus the moving so often. Let's just say, after move three, I have more than made up for the stability I enjoyed the first 18 years of my life.

So move three went great.

The "CHECK" part of this title would not be there without a few amazing people. Without amazing people to help me, it would say, "move number three...in process...for eternity".

First of all, Ryan Price is one of the most amazing men I know. He borrowed a truck from these amazing people, the Hendricks. Seriously, who lets you borrow their truck for a whole day?!? The Hendricks. I love those people.

Ryan helped me load all of the stuff that the two of us could handle. He was so patient with me and carried all the heavy stuff. He knew how to secure furniture on a truck. He drove slow to keep all of my stuff protected, and he did it all with a happy smile.

Even when I got frustrated, he just happily put his muscles to work for me. He is the most amazing man I know.

But for some of the major stuff, we needed more help. I don't know if you have checked out my biceps lately, but they are whimpy. Ryan needed a man to help him move our extremely heavy couches and my bed. As soon as I voiced a need to Kaylene and Carlos Carpio, they agreed on the spot (well...after Kaylene checked her calendar, but that is a given with her ;)!)

Carlos and Ryan were AMAZING!! We have two hide-a-beds and one skinny entry way. They turned those couches every which way and got them in. THEY WERE SO HEAVY! But they are supermen.

Then they got both Blaire and I's beds up the skinniest stairway I have ever seen. They seriously spent 30 minutes just trying to figure out how the bed would fit. Then just like magic, they got it. INCREDIBLE!

Kaylene did not let her hands be idle one second. Kaylene is a superstar organizer. She knows where to put things and how to make snacks easy to grab. She likes to make labels and know where everything is. She rocks my world. Our whole kitchen is unpacked because of her!

Finally, Blaire's parents are some cleaning machines. They made the place we were leaving IMMACULATE! I have never seen it this clean. We would still be cleaning if it weren't for them.

It was such a beautiful day of watching God provide sweet servant hearts into my life. I love all of the wonderful people that helped move me.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

3 comments:

Ryan Price said...

well... with the life I lead, I need little things here and there to make me feel like I'm useful and manly and such. So, don't feel like you put me out. It was a lot of fun... for the most part. But, you failed to mention that Carlos and I officially agreed that neither of us would be touching those 2 couches in 6 months. I feel like that just needs to be in writing for the world to see and witness. And... we will never, I repeat: NEVER, own a hide-a-bed in our lives! NEVER!!

Ryan

Carpio Family said...

How in the world did you post so quickly?? I thought you didn't have you computer or internet? So Crazy!

Any how we had fun.

Your right i do love to organize, and yes i do want a label the rest of my kitchen.

-Kaylene

Whitney said...

sara, just wanted you to know that you do not have wimpy biceps. you are fearfully and wonderfully made. love you.